The Langley School
Founded upon a deep appreciation for childhood, and an abiding belief in the necessity and power of parent/teacher partnership, The Langley School offers an exceptional community and an individually attuned academic curriculum—proving both to be mutually reinforcing and equally essential. Since 1942, our thoughtfully designed preschool-through-grade-8 program has shaped uncommonly optimistic, grounded, poised, and kind learners and thinkers—citizens of the world, wholly prepared to thrive in the nation’s top high schools, and to lead lives of integrity and self-defined purpose.
• Our inquiry-based program reflects the latest research on how to engage students most effectively—inspiring them to ask meaningful, necessary questions and harness their learning to explore creative answers.
• Rigorous, engaging academic programs including Spanish starting in preschool, Chinese and French starting in grade 6, and hands-on science labs starting in grade 1
• Leadership experiences at every grade level, with eighth graders (not high schoolers) serving as top role models
• Strong visual arts, music, and drama programs for all grades, with band, strings, and formal drama instruction beginning in grade 4
• Public speaking lessons starting in preschool
• Meaningful service learning and field trips, with overnight trips for grades 5-8
• Wide variety of team sports for grades 5-8, plus fun and challenging PE programs for all students
• State-of-the-art facilities including brand-new Middle School, turf field, green-screen media studio
• 1:1 Chromebook program for grades 4-8, classroom iPads for grades K-3, innovation lab with 3-D printer, and digital citizenship instruction for all students